- holds a meeting at 7.45 on the second Wednesday of each month at Wards Hotel in Earls Avenue to which all Go Folkestone members are welcome. The discussions cover environmental, planning and other issues.
- produces a quarterly magazine, containing articles on all aspects of Folkestone, its life and its people but with an emphasis on the positive. 1500 copies are printed and circulated throughout the area and it appears on the website. Go Folkestone members are welcome to submit articles for consideration. They should not normally exceed 1000 words (2 pages) or 750 with a half-page picture, otherwise they may be edited for length. Short articles or pieces from 100 words upwards are especially welcome.
Go Folkestone actively campaigned for or made recommendations for the following developments:
- The creation of Folkestone town council
- The London to Folkestone high speed rail link and the upgrading of Folkestone Station
- Bouverie Place shopping centre, Folkestone Sports Centre and the lower coastal park
Go Folkestone continues to campaign for or support the following:
- The refurbishment of derelict buildings,
- The Shed youth centre and Skate Park at the harbour, opened in 2004
- The Creative Quarter.
- The harbour and seafront development.
- Step short: Remembering the soldiers of the Great War
- Folkestone community gardeners